Here is a creamy pasta even kids can do...
1/2 cup sweet or white onion, sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup shitake mushroom, soaked and sliced in strips (about 1/4 inch thick)
1 cup canned button mushroom, sliced in half
* if mushrooms are big, you may cut them in quarter or thirds
* fresh button mushrooms may also be used
75 gms cream of mushroom ready mix powder, dissolved in 2 cups of water
1 cup fresh or full cream milk
4 cups penne pasta
1 tsp pepper
1. cook pasta per packaging instruction. Set aside.
2. in a sauteing pan over medium heat, melt butter (careful not to burn)
3. add onions and saute until semi transparent
4. add button and shitake mushroom, stir and cook for 3 minutes
5. add pepper
6. pour in dissolved mushroom mix and milk and stir constantly until it thickens
7. simmer for another 3 minutes. If sauce is too thick (like a paste), slowly add water while stirring until desired thickness is achieved. To test thickness, dip a spoon into the sauce and spoon must emerged with thick coating.
8.Remove from heat and pour over pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese.
9. Serve hot.
This recipe is good for 2 persons
* penne pasta can be replaced with fettucini or linguine pasta