a healthy soup to warm your day...
2 medium sized shitake mushroom, soaked and cut into strips
1 cup or medium carrot, cut into strips
2 cups pechay baguio, cut into strips
1 stalk leeks, about 1 inch wide
10 gms rice noodle
4 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp mushroom soy sauce
1 tsp salt (may add more depending on your preference)
1. in a saucepan, bring to boil chicken stock and mushroom soy sauce
2. add leeks, shitake mushroom and rice noodles, simmer for 7 minutes
3. add carrots, simmer for 2 minutes
4. season with salt
5. add pechay baguio and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off heat.
6. serve hot.
- mushroom soy sauce can be replaced with plain soy sauce, though add another shitake mushroom for increased flavor
- in the absence of a chicken stock, you may use 1 chicken bullon in a liter of water. be sure to taste the soup first before adding salt. Bullons are normally salty :)
- rice noodles are available in the asian section or noodle section of your local supermarket
- 1/2 cup of young corn can also be added in this recipe