Here's a twist to your all time favorite Patatim...
1 piece pork leg ( use front part)
3 L of water
1/2 Tbsp Peppercorns
200 gms Pechay Baguio2 cloves Garlic
1 medium Onion
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Ginger
2 Tbsp Sugar
- Boil pork leg in water with pork cubes and 10 peppercorns for 3 hours or until tender
- Let cool overnight
- Wash vegetables and cut to about 3 inches lengths
- Deep fry pork leg until golden brown
- Saute garlic, ginger and onion
- Add remaining stock ( remember to remove the peppercorns)
- Add soy sauce
- Add salt & sugar to taste
- Add the pork leg and let simmer for 30 minutes
- Add vegetables.
Tip: Pork leg cracks best when cold and oil is boiling hot.