Honey Mustard Dressing

Every morning, I prepare breakfast for Bokk before she goes to the office.  This morning, I feel like making her a sandwich with her favorite dressing, Honey Mustard.  As I open the fridge, I found out that my store-brought dressing has passed its expiration date. Disappointed, I took it from the fridge and just as I am about to throw the bottle, I thought of why not make one?  I checked the label to see what the ingredients were and happy to know that I have the ingredients needed, not all though, but I know I can make one with whatever I have.  Of course the label didn't indicate the proportion of each ingredient so I just trusted my instincts and came up with my own.

Label said that the dressing has olive oil so together with the rest of the ingredients, I mixed them all.  At first attempt, I threw the whole mixture for it didn't taste good.  My olive oil is not at its best anymore.  It tasted like somebody already used it to fry fish.  So I threw the rest of oil as well.

On my second attempt, I decided to use the following ingredients instead:
          80mL mayonnaise
          1 Tbsp honey
          1 Tbsp prepared mustard
          1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
          1/4 tsp grounded black pepper
          1/4 tsp salt
          1/2 Tbsp dried chives

I just mixed them altogether and was delighted when I tasted it.  It felt good to be able to come up with something like this.  I'm proud of myself! Goodbye bottled dressing, hello home made Honey Mustard!


...and by the way, the dressing critic (Bokk) loved it!

Comments