I was supposed to join Muffin Monday this week but got swamp with weekend activities that I missed making the Coconut Citrus Muffin which is the featured recipe. Fortunately, I was able to make some muffins early last week and told myself I'd share them with you for two reasons: 1. because I might miss Muffin Monday (which I did) and because this turned out soo good!
I browsed some of the muffin recipes we did for Muffin Monday and chose a base recipe for the muffin. I don't consider myself a 'baker' and I admit I cannot make my own recipe yet specially with the ratio of ingredients so I rely on tested ones *wink*
If you love bacon and if you love cheese (which I both do), this muffin will not let you down. I could say that this was the first 'experimental' baking I did and I am proud of how it turned out!
BACON and CHEESE MUFFIN
1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cups milk, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 bacon rashers
1/2 coarsely grated cheddar cheese
1. Fry or bake bacon until crispy. Let cool and chop into pieces. You may also use bacon bits if you want to.
2. Preheat oven to 200C.
3. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add sugar, bacon bits and cheese. Mix.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and melted butter.
5. Pour the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir until moistened but do not over mix.
6. Spoon batter to muffin tins/tray and bake for 20 minutes.
Yield : 12 muffins
Muffins came out of the oven smelling so good that I wasn't able to wait until it cooled down and eat one, no two...okay I confess, three! I need to stop myself from eating it all so B can have some.
The next day, B had it for breakfast and brought the rest to the office. She and her officemates had a feast (as she said).