|me with my BIG grin! (thanks Tracey, for the photo)|
If you are following me on twitter, you would have remembered that I twitted about Whirlpool's 100 Family Recipes campaign sometime in September 2011. I came to know about this through a good friend of mine, Carol. Excited me, I searched through my recipes and chose to submit two: Munggo Guisado and Pork Pochero - both of which are in this blog already.
The mechanics are simple:
(from their FB page)
1. Share with us your family recipe and get a chance to be a part of Whirlpool’s 100 Family Recipe collection.
2. Your family recipes should have a story to tell
3. It should be a recipe that is enjoyed by your own family
4. It should be easy to cook
5. Serving size of 4 – 6 persons
6. Ingredients should be readily available in the market
7. Practicality and ease of preparation should be considered
8. Any individual can share their recipes. Maximum of 2 recipes only per individual so choose the best one you can share.
9. Interested participants can send their recipes to this email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, age and contact details.
10. Whirlpool will select 50 family recipes to be included in their “100 family recipes” collection
11. If your recipe gets selected, you will be featured in the 3,000 printed copies of “Whirlpool’s 100 Family Recipe” collection.
12. All selected recipes will receive your own copy of the recipe collection, gift packs and a chance to win a Whirlpool Built-in product.
13. Submission of family recipes is from Aug – October 15, 2011
Criteria for selection:
1. Content of the story (Maximum of 30 words for the story)
2. Easy to cook / Practical
Now you got the picture? After two months, I have not heard from them and thought maybe, my recipe was not chosen until Carol told me that it is already on printing stage and one of my entry was chosen - the Munggo Guisado *wink*
Got the news sometime in November but I decided to keep it secret until I get hold of the limited edition cookbook and I was extremely delighted when Carol handed this over to me - -
A wooden box containing the 100 Family Recipes...
Of course I immediately searched for my entry and when I saw it, I told myself, "Okay, this is really real now!"
Seeing my recipe together with the rest of those chosen, I feel really blessed and grateful! Just being here is an achievement in itself...at least 3,000 people will read it! Can you believe this?! I almost did not...LOL!
Aside from the 100 Family recipes, the cookbook also has recipes from Ajinomoto, Goodhousekeeping, and Yummy Magazine. My recipe together with them?? They are one of the biggest selling local magazines in the Philippines! Whew! I needed to pinch myself so I would know I wasn't dreaming...and I was not! This is real!
Okay, enough of the the excited me...all I wanted to say is THANK YOU! To Carol, for pushing me to do this and to B who is my #1 fan and critic. I love you, both!
And to you, my loyal readers, I share this accomplishment - - thank you for your continuous support and kind comments!
Until the next published recipe...
Oh! by the way, I was told that this book will be exclusively sold at Gourdo's *wink*